I am new to United Way of Southeastern Idaho (UWSEI) and, in fact, United Way as a whole. I am a volunteer with AmeriCorps VISTA and am fortunate to be assigned here. I was familiar with United Way but did not have a comprehensive understanding of their role and contributions to their communities. I feel like I won the lottery! What a great opportunity to work and learn from such a compassionate, motivating, and experienced team and partners.
I moved here from Coeur d’Alene last year to be close to my family. While in CD’A, I volunteered often and served a year with AmeriCorps HealthCorps. I have always been passionate about serving in my community and that program stuck with me. I have been given an opportunity here with UWSEI to help in the development of a women’s affinity group, Women United of Southeastern Idaho. Women United will consist of volunteers whose efforts fall in line with the vision of UWSEI.
Women are amazing advocates for or each other. It has been my experience that when women work together and for each other a collective voice is heard, and their views and passions are genuinely considered. I have needed advocacy a few times in my life and women understood my challenges and obstacles because, well, they’re women. Now I get to be on the other end, uniting women to help others, how great is that! It is exciting, challenging, and very dear to my heart. I am looking forward to all that we can accomplish within the next year.
Like United Way of Southeastern Idaho, Women United of Southeastern Idaho will build powerful partnerships that improve outcomes for children, families, and individuals in need. Together, we provide the building blocks for a better life and a stronger community.
- In our community, Women United will focus on four impact areas: Housing Stability, Food Insecurity, Mental Health & Access to Healthcare, and Cradle-to-Career Educational Opportunity Gap.
- Here in Southeastern Idaho, Women United members will be working to create lasting change in our community
- Teaming with our network of respected business and community leaders we will work together as a powerful force to mobilize Southeastern Idaho’s best resources.
- This diverse network of women will do much more than donating. The volunteers of Women United invest their time and talent to address our community’s most time-sensitive and critical issues.
- Women United donors will empower women and organizations to strengthen our community by working together to create innovative solutions and by forging powerful partnerships within Southeastern Idaho.
- Together we will ignite the power of women who bring the passion, expertise, and resources needed to get things done. We will find new solutions to old problems locally and nationally.
For more information about how to join Women United here in Southeastern Idaho, contact Wendi Ames, firstname.lastname@example.org or Linda Johnson, email@example.com by email, or call us at (208) 232-1389.